ACTion Community Theatre is the lively, welcoming amateur theatre company-in-residence at The Terry O’Toole Theatre, Lincolnshire.
Founded in 2010, our ethos is ‘To stage high quality theatre by the community for the community!’ We encourage all of our members to muck-in and get involved with every aspect of staging a production and to give a little of their time to helping with the essential – and fun – behind-the-scenes roles such as: publicity, building/decorating set, finding/making props, sourcing/making costumes etc. [If you are only interested in acting, ACTion is probably not a good fit for you…]
WHAT: ACTion usually stages 2 or 3 productions a year, these vary quite a lot, but can include:
- A Family Theatre show during Summer half-term [End of May/beginning of June]
- A play, comedy-drama or Murder Mystery in late September
- Either a Christmas production or Murder Mystery in December, or a Community Pantomime in January
We love to try different genres of theatre, BUT Musical Theatre is NOT our thing, although we often incorporate music into our stagings. If you are passionate about Musical Theatre, we highly recommend The Starring Lincoln Theatre Company, LAODS and CAODS all of which are based in Lincoln.
WHERE: The Terry O’Toole Theatre, Moor Lane, North Hykeham LN6 9AX
WHEN: Sunday afternoons 3 – 5pm and Wednesday evenings 7 – 9pm. During the summer we may take a short break, so do check the rehearsal schedule on our Diary page, or get in touch to check-out our meeting times!
AGE GUIDE: Adults and young people 11 years+
COSTS: ACTion Community Theatre is a membership organisation.
- Adults £25.00 p.a.
- Under 18s £10.00 p.a.
- For each show we also ask for a Production Subscription of £25.00. All members of a performance company, actors and production team alike, are asked to pay this sub. which helps meet the cost of purchasing scripts and goes a little way towards other costs, including set, props, costume, publicity and so on.
Members are not insured to attend rehearsals, help with set builds at the theatre and Fen Farm, nor to audition and take part in productions unless they have paid their Annual Membership Subscription. The annual membership subscription contributes towards ACTion’s basic running costs, including our membership of N.O.D.A and insurance costs.
ACTion receives no funding and all of our costs must be met through fundraising and ticket sales. Costs for a show may include: scripts, royalty fees, theatre hire – including theatre technical support, materials for set, props. and costumes, marketing/publicity and printing costs, Musician fees, Choreographer fees, lighting gels, mic. batteries, PRS & PPL fees, Special FX hire…
- An ACTion Play costs around £4,500.00 to stage.
- A Community Pantomime or Christmas production costs around £9,500.00 to stage.
For more information, contact Al Duncombe [Theatre Development Officer] at the theatre office 01522 701305 or email email@example.com.
ACTion Community Theatre is proud to be affiliated to N.O.D.A.